Time is running out, are you ready for the new classification, labeling and packaging regulations?
For those of you who are supplying mixtures into the chemical marketplace or chemical industry, you have just eighteen months left before full implementation of the new CLP regulations. These new regulations mean a change from the old CHIP format to the new CLP also known as GHS – the Global Harmonization System.
Our advice is to not leave it to the last minute and to start preparing for the change over now. Here are some questions you should ask to make sure that you will be ready to comply with CLP.
- Have you all of your ingredients classified correctly.
- Do you have your percentages calculated.
- Have you got your data sheets from your suppliers in the new format.
- Have you got a stock of labels.
- How long will it take for you to use your stock of labels.
With all of the correct data ready for the change over in eighteen months time the reclassification and recalculation of all of your mixtures will make producing new data sheets easier. Start doing it now and you’ll meet the June deadline, if you’ve got any questions or need help to produce new data sheets then feel free to contact us, we’re here to help.